Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Essence Ballerina Backstage collection

I know this is old news for most of you (even to an extent here in Australia as they almost ready for a new collection) but i thought it was better late than never for these swatches. I only got 3 out of the 5 colours for this collection. I wasn't interested in the purple or pinky red coral. Corals don't suit me and i am not a massive purple fan.

Please excuse my index and middle fingers. I'm trying to see if shaping them this way will help grow them before they get to that certain point and break. I've always had trouble with those two fingers...... But i really love the square look! Let me know which you like better.

Onto the swatches......

Dance the Swan Lake:
One coat - Shade


 One coat - Sunlight


Three coats - Shade


Three coats - Sunlight

Dance the Swan Lake is a sheer pale white with a flash of a pinky-red shimmer, which is more noticeable in the bottle than on the nail. As you can see, even with three coats it's still a bit sheer and you can see some visible nail line but probably sheer enough if you going for that "delicate" look. It looks quite nice at any amount of coats. No top coat. 

Wear Your Little Tutu:
Three coats - Shade


Three coats - Sunlight

Wear Your Little Tutu is similar to DTSL but in pink. It still has that same colour flash of shimmer in it but isn't as noticeable being in a similar coloured base and again it's more noticeable in the bottle than on the nail. I didn't think it looked as nice with only one coat as DTSL did. This was three coats, no topcoat.

Grand-Plie in Black:
Two coats - Shade


Two coats - Sunlight

Grand-Plie in Black is pretty straight forward. It's a black base with small copper-y orange glitter. I like how it's fairly sparse. This was two coats. It's fairly pigmented in the fact you could almost get away with one coat but i found there were one or two baldish spots and thought two coats were better for photos. No topcoat.

Overall, these three from the collection are nice. I really like Dance the Swan Lake and Grand-Plie in Black. I could leave Wear Your Little Tutu though as i didn't think it looked that nice on me. Formula was good, probably a tad runny in the sheerer ones but was manageable. 

See you all next time!
Kel xo

10 comments:

  1. REALLY like Wear Your Little Tutu...I've been looking for a new pale pink this might the the answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might need to run to Target then as i'm not sure how long they'll be around for or if they have any left. I'm sure there is a new collection coming very soon.

      Delete
  2. I love them ! We didn't get the collection here at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Really? I thought Australia was the place that is lagging behind everyone else! We are 6months behind Europe.

      Delete
  3. I've grabbed Grand-Plie several times and put it back... gah. So tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice colour but you could probably mix it up yourself lol just need some copper glitter and a bottle of Ulta3 black satin. Might work haha

      Delete
  4. Grand-Plie in Black is pretty! When this collection came out that was the only bottle that appealed to me but I never got it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might be time left still! Run to Target! I know there is a new collection coming out very soon!

      Delete
  5. LOL those are my two breaking nails too. Drives me nuts when they are all shaped and ready to go then BOOM it breaks, :(.

    I HUGE on nudes and Im loving that wear your little tutu, its the perfect shade.

    Great manis <3
    http://datyorkloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are a pain in the backside! I wore acrylics for around a year and a half which doesn't help.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and make a comment. I love reading everyone's comments! =)