Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 12, 2012

NOTD: A Speck-tacular matte Spring Break!

I finally picked up Australis Speck-tacular a few weeks ago when i was shopping. I found it at priceline and it was the last one they had in stock at that time so i snatched it pretty quick. It cost me $8-95 which was a fair price. They also have a black shatter/crackle polish too which i didn't pick up as i already have OPI's Black shatter and i do not think it is necessary to have more than one black shatter. I have also seen it stocked at Target. I did notice at Myer, Chi Chi have a crystal top coat which looks the same as Speck-tacular. I wonder if it's a dupe. Again i didn't buy it because of that reason.

Anyway, i have been playing around with Speck-tacular on a nail wheel with trying different colours to see what works with it and what doesn't. We all know it looks "specktacular" (haha) over black so i won't be showing that today. It does stand out more over darker colours than lighter colours but that doesn't mean it doesn't look nice still. So after playing around i decided that my favourite at the time was a darker purple.





I started with 2 coats of Ulta3 Spring Break. Then 2 coats of Australis Speck-tacular flakie top coat. No fast drying top coat.







Then i decided to do what anyone else would do. Matte-ify it! I added one coat of Essie Matte about you. I really like how this turned out and am in love with Speck-tacular. I will be picking up another bottle or two soon! I have gone through quite a bit since i got it haha.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
See you next time! Kel xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and make a comment. I love reading everyone's comments! =)