Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

December Glossybox!

Hi everyone, I've decided to perhaps do more than just nail polish on my blog. It will still be mainly nail polish but a few different things here and there.

I just recently signed up to GlossyBox. If you haven't heard of Glossy Box, check them out here but basically GlossyBox is Australian and has the same concept as Birchbox (if your international), Lust have it and the likes. Basically you pay $14-95/ month and you get 5 samples (some full sized) of high end products. For example, you can get nail polish and nail care items, skincare, fragrances, haircare, makeup and more. They have only been running for a few months and December was my first box. I know it's late but i still wanted to put this one up before i do January's box.


It arrives in a cardboard box with the GlossyBox logo and website all over it.

Then you open it up and there is another box! (These come in handy as storage boxes haha)

Usually then when you open the lid it comes neatly packed with black tissue paper and some ribbon. You also get a little card tucked in ontop explaining what you got in the box and basically what it's for and how to use it. I try not to read it as i want to see the items first haha. (i'll write under each product what it says on the card)

This is what i got in my GlossyBox. 2 full sized items and 3 sample sized items.

Tigi Harecare - Bed Head Manipulator. (full sized, 57ml, $23-95)
"Great for any length of hair. This best-texturiser adds volume and hold to make hair come alive"
I haven't used this yet. I really want to try it but haven't had a chance yet. It has a nice smell of coconut which i really love.

Clinique - Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturiser. (sample size of 7ml. $90 for 50ml)
"Replace dull skin and surface cells with a healthy radiant glow from this moisturising and revitalising night serum"
I'm really excited to use this. I'm not usually the type of person that buys expensive skin care items like this. I don't own anything Clinique. So this is a good way for me to try it to see if i like it. I may purchase it.

John Frieda - Frizz-ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme. (sample size of 30ml, $16-99 for 113g)
"Restore silky softness to your hair with this finishing creme that helps hair imperfections and controls fly-aways for flawless locks"
I use John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner for Brunettes, so i was excited to try this as i usually have untameable fly-aways all the freakin' time except for when i straighten it haha. I have only used this once so far when i didn't have time to straighten my hair before going out for dinner for my birthday last weekend. Not sure if i like it so far. All the products i use like this always leave my hair feeling a little "crunchy". I don't know if its supposed it and your supposed to leave it alone but i always play with my hair, so it bothers me! haha I will definitely give it another go though!

Carmex - Moisture Plus Lip Balm (Full sized. $8-99 for 2g stick)
"For lips that look and feel moisturised all day long with enhancement from Vitamin E and Aloe, This lip balm with SPF15 protects your precious puckers perfectly"
Looooove this! I love trying a new lip balm. I have about a bagillion different Lips balms and i'm always changing them. I hadn't tried this brand before but now that i have, i would consider purchasing it. It does keep my lips smooth. I would recommend this lip balm.

Auscreen - Sunscreen Lotion (sample size of 15ml. 125ml $7-49)
"Protect your skin from the sun with this non-white, non-greasy sun screen offering 30 times your natural protection and water-resistance"
This little bottle is so cute! It is the perfect size to keep in my car. I know that sounds weird but i commute to and from work, 5 days a week on average, for the last 7 years. Doing this, i do worry about skin cancer, after my grandad has had some skin cancers cut out in previous years. I don't want to get burnt on my "driving arm" and face. Not that i drive with my elbow up on the side of the door like a tool, but the sun hits my right arm every morning on the way to work and afternoon/night (now it's summer) on the way home. So this comes in very handy just to slap a bit on my arms and face for the drive.


So with the December GlossyBox. I would use all the products which is good. I definitely think it is worth the $14-95 a month at the moment.
If you are thinking about joining up, leave me your email address and i can refer you. That would only help me out. If you don't want to that, that is fine too. You can just do it through there website.

Disclaimer: I purchase this each month with my own money. These are my own personal views and opinions. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and make a comment. I love reading everyone's comments! =)